“The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. And God said unto Noah, the end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth. Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch”. Genesis 6:11-14.
The generation of Noah is in every respect and coloration similar to this generation. The Bible gives a graphic picture of the state of humanity in that generation. Let us look at the description: wickedness and corruption, violence everywhere, sinful acts acceptable to mankind, Men love themselves more than God.
We do not need to look far away to see the similarities in our days. This generation has taken a step further to surpass the generation of Noah in wickedness albeit through the aid of technology. Today lawmakers rejoice in making laws that are contrary to the laws of God. The institution of Marriage has been redefined. Every imagination and the thoughts of the heart of men are evil continually...... Evil news on our media system every time and everywhere.
“By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith”. Hebrews 11:7
God is still in search for women who like Noah will prepare an ark to save their own households. He is looking everywhere, to and fro the earth for a man and especially a WOMAN WHO WILL BE ABLE TO BIRTH HIS PURPOSE on earth like Noah. He is looking for a mother on whom He will pour His grace on to do what He wants for the generation that is coming after us. A woman who will willingly allow God to use her in raising a godly home... The Bible says a wise woman builds her home, building their children in the way of the Lord.
Solomon also built a formidable house for God and he was blessed by God. “Then spake Solomon, The Lord said that he would dwell in the thick darkness. I have surely built thee a house to dwell in, a settled place for thee to abide in for ever.
And Solomon stood before the altar of the Lord in the presence of all the congregation of Israel, and spread forth his hands toward heaven: And he said, Lord God of Israel, there is no God like thee, in heaven above, or on earth beneath, who keepest covenant and mercy with thy servants that walk before thee with all their heart: Who hast kept with thy servant David my father that thou promised him: thou spakest also with thy mouth, and hast fulfilled it with thine hand, as it is this day”.
Raising a generation of children like Daniel, Meshach, Abednego and Esther.
A woman who will be filled with the spirit of God and listen to His Commandments. A woman who builds according to the pattern. There is a pattern God wants for each child He gave to us. Moses built according to the pattern he was shown; Noah got the pattern from God.
How to build your own ark for the Lord
- Prayer --We build the ark on our knees through fervent prayer. Setting a time apart to wait on the Lord for instruction. Ask God for the pattern for each child You have been given.
Moses took time to ask God for the pattern in prayer
“An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee, and I will bless thee. And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn stone: for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it. Neither shalt thou go up by steps unto mine altar, that thy nakedness be not discovered thereon.” Exodus 20:24-26 KJV
- The Word: by studying the word. “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” 2 Timothy 2:15
- Living an exemplary life: be a model for the children and the church. Live your live having the fear of the Lord, ask yourself is there any truth, is this honest, is this just and pure, are they lovely and of good report, is there any virtue or will this bring praise to the Lord. Philippians 4:8. “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.” Proverbs 9:10. By training our children and bringing them up in the fear of God. Proverbs 22:6 says Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
- By laying a Godly standard for them to follow: Have a godly standard for your family. Set this standard in love not using physical force to ensure that they are followed by the children but love.
- Helping the Children to take their root in God and His word. Train them in the way of God and the word of God. When they grow up they will not depart from it. We have been called to raise an army for the Lord. An army of great children who will take the battle to the gate of the enemies and challenge their ways. Raise children who will make their stand known everywhere they go and be a mouth for God in their generation. Teach them to be proud of our God; teach them to love Him and to know how great our God is. Children who will stand to change the ways things are done in our schools, government, our community, law enforcement agencies and in our society.
The generation before us went into error because of civilisation, permitting things that brought evil into the society. They rejected God by taking him out of schools, judiciary system and government; now we see all the things they allow in the society. Children are allowed to rule in homes, no discipline at home and schools. People are allowed to take any stand to make them happy. God is looking for a woman who will raise the standard of God in our land and establish His kingdom. However, to impact our community, we need to start from our homes, as the saying “charity begins at home”. God is calling us today and He is saying to you BUILD ME AN ARK.
Obstacles to building a formidable Home
- Unbelief: Rachael believed in idols of her father’s house and her life was cut short. Hebrews 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
- Carelessness: Having a carefree attitude about the things of God and not putting our minds to it can form a stumbling block to building a formidable home.
- Cares of this world: Giving priority to Fashion, for example, has a way of shifting one’s focus from more important issues.
- Emulation and comparison: You eventually become what you emulate. In this case, following in the steps of bad examples has a way of causing a deep crack that leads to the crumbling of the home. Making comparisons is not particularly a wise idea as you do not know the details that produced such seemingly remarkable result.
- Faulty Foundation: A house built on the word of God, the Rock, will not only be a formidable home but will also stand the test of time. The foundation determines the strength and durability of the house.
Lois prepared an ark for her household and produced in Eunice a godly mother. Eunice brought up Timothy in the fear and wisdom of God. “When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also”. 2 Timothy 1:5
Women of God, I encourage you to build with joy, wisdom, confidence and faith because God is depending on us to build an ark salvation for our children and grandchildren like Lois and Eunice
Pastor Mrs Cecilia Akinwumi